The British Computer Society (BCS) is the leading professional body for those working in Information Technology with over 70,000 members in more than 100 countries.
The Newcastle-Upon-Tyne & District Branch is one of the oldest Branches in the BCS, having been established on 23rd January 1958! We organise regular events for our 1400+ local members, with guest speakers sharing knowledge on a broad range of IT fields and organisations. Non members with an interest in any event are also very welcome.
Joining our Branch is an opportune way to maintain contact with other local IT professsionals, keep abreast of current developments and have a real input to the British Computer Society. As a member you will have the opportunity to;
- receive regular information on forthcoming local events
- attend interesting, cutting edge talks and visit sites not open to the public
- take advantage of the excellent networking opportunities and make useful contacts
- keep up to date with the latest developments within IT
- meet other IT professionals from a variety of disciplines
- engage with the local committee and have your say
- improve your professional development
- have the chance to volunteer for a role on the committee
- expand your CV
To find out more about joining the BCS and the requirements for each of the grades of membership click here.